- Benchmarks exclude companies that own oil, gas and/or coal reserves
- Expands benchmark options for investors wishing to reduce the carbon intensity of their portfolios
London - October 16, 2014 - MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide, announced today the launch of the MSCI Global Fossil Fuels Exclusion Indexes, benchmarks for investors who aim to eliminate or reduce fossil fuel reserves exposure from their investments. The MSCI ACWI ex Fossil Fuels and MSCI ACWI ex Coal Indexes are the first in the series.
Continue reading MSCI Launches Global Fossil Fuels Exclusion Indexes
This year’s Independent Research in Responsible Investment (IRRI) Survey is open until October 31st. The annual survey polls asset managers, asset owners, ESG research providers, sell-side research firms, and corporates on their opinions and experience with ESG research and analysis. It also aims to identify the best ESG analysts and providers.
Continue reading Annual IRRI Survey Now Open
- Innovative approach aims to reduce carbon emissions exposure with low tracking error by re-weighing all securities in the index
- Low carbon strategy supported by Generation Investment Management
- Addresses call for action from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
Continue reading MSCI Expands Family of Low Carbon Indexes
New York - September 18, 2014 - Barclays, publisher of leading broad market bond benchmarks, and MSCI Inc., a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide, announced today the publication of rules and methodology for a new family of Green Bond Indexes following a formal consultation with market participants.
Continue reading Barclays MSCI Green Bond Indices Methodology Announced
With AP4, FRR and Amundi as first adopters, having provided critical insights
- New indexes consist of companies with significantly lower carbon emissions and fossil fuel reserves than the broad market
- Indexes licensed by Amundi for the creation of index-tracking solutions
- Leading asset owners, AP4 and FRR, plan to use new indexes as benchmarks for passive mandates
Continue reading MSCI Launches Innovative Family of Low Carbon Indexes
MSCI ESG Research has initiated research coverage for Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE: BABA) prior to its anticipated initial public offering this week, with an MSCI ESG IVA rating of 'B' and an MSCI ESG GovernanceMetrics ranking in the 1st percentile (worst in class).
Facilitates portfolio analysis across equity and bonds
London - September 4, 2014 - MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide, announced today the expansion of its environmental, social and governance (ESG) research offering through MSCI ESG Research Inc. with the launch of MSCI ESG GovernanceMetrics, delivering in-depth corporate governance research and analysis on its MSCI ESG Manager online platform.
Continue reading MSCI Expands ESG Offering with In-depth Corporate Governance Product
- Designed to support carbon reduction and fossil fuel free investment strategies
- Enables reporting on portfolio carbon exposure relative to benchmarks
New York - September 3, 2014 - MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide, announced today the launch of MSCI ESG CarbonMetrics, a comprehensive set of carbon and fossil fuel metrics and screening tools designed to help institutional investors understand, measure, and manage portfolio exposure to carbon-related risks.
MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide, announced today that it has completed the acquisition of GMI Ratings through its subsidiary MSCI ESG Research Inc.
Continue reading MSCI Completes Acquisition of GMI Ratings
Innovative new Index to Track Growing Market of Bonds Issued to Fund Projects with Environmental Benefits
New York - July 1, 2014 - Barclays, publisher of leading broad market bond benchmarks, and MSCI Inc., a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide, announced today an agreement to launch a new Green Bond Index, expanding on their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) fixed income benchmark index family launched in June 2013.