We are committed to helping the real estate investment sector raise its information, reporting and transparency standards to the level of the mainstream exchange traded asset classes. We release headline financial performance indexes on real estate markets around the world to enhance transparency. Below, you can choose to view MSCI Private Real Assets Indexes by type (derivatives, direct private property, property funds or transaction linked indexes) as well as by region (country and regional). View the MSCI Index release schedule.
With the support and commitment from sponsors and clients globally, MSCI’s real estate services are constantly evolving. View our MSCI Index sponsors.
The Global Methodology Standards for Real Estate Investment describes the main procedures, methods and rules which govern MSCI’s definition and computation of MSCI Private Real Assets indexes and benchmarks. The updated Methodology Standards will take effect as of July 12, 2016 in connection with the release of second quarter private real estate performance results. Index fact sheets will be published in an updated format.
- Conclusion to MSCI’s consultation on EU Benchmark Regulation in relation to the MSCI asset-based and fund-based real estate indexes (June 2018)
- Process enhancement around individual tenant names (May, 2018)
- MSCI to consult on EU Benchmark Regulation in relation to the MSCI asset-based and fund-based Real Estate Indexes
- Semi deviation risk measure calculation error for asset level index fact sheets (January 2018)
- Clarification on change in Index Methodology for IPD Korea Annual Property Index (March 2017)
- Preliminary results indicate positive Capital Growth for French Property in 2017
- Summary of changes – Global Methodology Standards for Real Estate Investments (February 2017)
- IPD Indexes – methodology change announcement (June 2016)
- Change in asset exclusion rules (April 2015)
Apr. 16, 2015,
IPD UK Residential Investment IndicatorDownload Fact Sheet
Apr. 15, 2015,
IPD UK Regeneration IndexDownload Fact Sheet
Apr. 15, 2015,
Deutschen Büro Mietpotenzial Index (DMX)Download Fact Sheet
Dec. 31, 2014,
Derivative: IPD UK Quarterly Property Index 2013Download Fact Sheet
Dec. 31, 2013,
Index announcement: Terminating the IPD UK Annual Property Index excluding Residential Specialist FundsDownload Fact Sheet