MSCI & Burgiss - Assessing Private Equity Investments Effectively
Private Equity firms are facing new challenges in times of COVID-19 lockdowns and supply chain disruption. They are affected to a varying extent by the pandemic including barriers to deal execution due to difficulties in conducting due diligence face-to-face, with some companies classified as mission critical before pandemic revealing new weaknesses under COVID-19.
For an investor the ever challenging landscape of Private Equity requires a broader analysis of factors that drive the risk and return of these assets. With limited information and the lack of sophisticated models, investors can be left blindsided without such clear guidance at their disposal. The strategic partnership between MSCI and Burgiss provides a perfect platform for investors to look at Private Equity investments holistically by being able to combine the power of Barra Private Equity Model with Burgiss’s market leading Private Equity Database.
Please join us for an insightful webinar in which Dr.Yulia Plyakha, Vice President, MSCI, will present how MSCI Barra Private Equity Model is applied to regional PE Investments and Howard Rees, Head of International Sales, Burgiss, will present on the depth and quality of Burgiss Private Equity Data which feeds the MSCI Analytics suite.
- Introduction to MSCI and Burgiss partnership
- Address challenges of understanding investments in private equity, with a focus on the Middle East region
- Overview of the MSCI PEQ2 methodology, and how PEQ2 is powered by Burgiss data
- How is the Burgiss performance data that calibrates the PEQ2 model calculated?
- What are the challenges around private capital fund transparency and how does Burgiss solve them?
- From Holdings Data to Risk Model Exposures- empowering a bottom up risk modelling approach
July 9, 2020
|9:00 a.m. BST London |
10:00 a.m. CEST Paris
12:00 p.m. GST Dubai
Head of International Sales | BurgissRead Bio
Vice President, Analytics Client Coverage | MSCIRead Bio
International Relationship Management | BurgissRead Bio