Property Investment Essentials
This half-day course offers an introduction to property, for those who are either new to the business or who need to get a more rounded view of the industry as a whole. It is built on MSCI’s unrivalled and objective experience of property investment, gained from nearly 25 years working in the UK market. Property Investment Essentials brings the property investment business alive, exploring the ambitions and relationships of the players in the market. It explains why financial institutions want to invest in property and how changing market conditions impact on their success. These ideas are examined using illustrations from MSCI’s rich performance data sources.
- The dimensions of UK investment property. The size and value of the asset class.
- Investment fund types. How do different kinds of property vehicle operate?
- The industry food-chain. Discover how the various players, such as investors, fund managers, developers and advisers, interact in the marketplace.
- Types of investment property. Understand why retail, office, industrial and residential properties behave differently as investments.
- The occupiers of property. Learn about the tenants of investment property and how tenancies influence performance.
- The investment case for property. Comparing property to equities and gilts to identify its strengths and weaknesses an asset class.
- Current trends in property performance. Examine the latest IPD UK Quarterly market results to see where we are in the cycle and which property types and locations are performing best.
Standard fee: £450 + VAT
IPD Client fee*: £350 + VAT
*PAS subscribers only
VAT is charged at 20%, Student discounts are available
Training courses are all CPD accredited and the training hours will contribute towards CPD.
Nov 25, 2015
Time9:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
LocationAllen & Overy
1 Bishops Square
Map and Directions
Scroll the table to the right to see more