The COVID-19 Crisis and the Stranded Asset Decade
What will energy look like in a post-COVID world?
The energy transition is disrupting the entire fossil fuel system, with profound consequences to financial stability and geo-politics. Falling fossil fuel demand, lower prices and rising investment risk is likely to slash the value of oil, gas and coal reserves by nearly two thirds, increasing the risk and likelihood of stranded assets.
Carbon Tracker's latest report Decline and Fall: the size and vulnerability of the fossil fuel system and MSCI’s latest Coronavirus and financial markets analysis set the stage for a discussion amongst experts from financial and policymaking arenas to explore topics:
- Have we seen the fossil fuel demand peak?
- What impact will COVID-19 have on the energy transition?
- As we emerge from this crisis, will we see a Green Reboot or Transition Slow Down?
- What calls to action are we seeing amongst investors and policymakers?
- What role do we see institutions playing in keeping up momentum around the goals on the Paris Agreement?
The webinar will be hosted during the London Climate Action Week and featured as part of the official schedule as an open event, free to join.
Jul 1, 2020
|7:00 a.m. PDT San Francisco |
10:00 a.m. EDT New York
3:00 p.m. BST London
4:00 p.m. CEST Paris
Energy Strategist | Carbon TrackerRead Bio
Senior Economist | OECD Development CentreRead Bio
Marion de Marcillac
Executive Director, ESG Climate Change and Sustainable Impact Solutions | MSCIRead Bio
Vice President, ESG Research | MSCIRead Bio