What is the Financial Impact of Climate Risk?
Significant advances in data and modelling are helping investors better understand their exposure to climate risk. More investors are looking beyond their carbon footprint to understand how various climate scenarios can impact their risk and return profile such as extreme weather events, changing climatic conditions, government climate policies and disruptive technological advances.
MSCI invites you to join our seminar to get the latest investor-relevant updates from the COP24 climate talks, hear from experts on how climate change might affect asset values, examine the latest research on energy transition and stranded assets, and hear from investors on how they are managing their transition to a low carbon economy.Register Now
Jan 15, 2019
Time8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
LocationAllen & Overy,
One Bishops Square,
Map and Directions
|Jan 15, 2019|
|8:30 a.m.||Registrations and Refreshments|
|9:00 a.m.||Welcoming Remarks |
Laurent Seyer, Chief Client Officer and Chief Operating Officer, MSCI
|9:05 a.m.|| |
SESSION I: DEFINING THE PROBLEM & UNDERSTANDING THE RISK: get the latest investor-relevant updates from the COP24 climate talks, hear from experts on how climate change might affect asset values and examine the latest research on energy transition and stranded assets.
- Kingsmill Bond, New Energy Strategist, Carbon Tracker Initiative
- Mark Cornelius, Head of Major Life Groups Division, Prudential Regulation Authority, Bank of England
- Sagarika Chatterjee, Director of Climate Change, PRI
- Moderator: Marion de Marcillac, Executive Director, Head of Climate Change Solutions, MSCI
|10:05 a.m.|| |
SESSION II: MANAGING THE LOW CARBON TRANSITION: how investors across the asset value chain are reporting, managing and mitigating climate risk.
- Lisa Beauvilain, Managing Director, Head of Sustainability and ESG, Impax Asset Management
- Jean-Francois Coppenolle, Group Head of Financial Risk, Aviva
- Dana Sasarean, Vice President, Senior Analyst, MSCI
- Moderator: Panos Seretis, Executive Director, Head of ESG Research, EMEA, MSCI
|11:00 a.m.||End of Event|
Scroll the table to the right to see more
Managing Director, Head of Sustainability and ESG | Impax Asset ManagementRead Bio »
New Energy Strategist | Carbon Tracker InitiativeRead Bio »
acting Group Head of Financial Risk | AvivaRead Bio »
Head of Major Life Groups Division, Prudential Regulation Authority | Bank of EnglandRead Bio »
Marion de Marcillac
Executive Director, Head of Climate Change Solutions | MSCIRead Bio »
Director of Climate Change | PRIRead Bio »
Vice President, Senior Analyst | MSCIRead Bio »
Executive Director, Head of ESG Research, EMEA | MSCIRead Bio »
Chief Client Officer and Chief Operating Officer | MSCIRead Bio »