Introducing MSCI ESG Fund Metrics
There is growing demand among wealth and asset managers for greater investment transparency driven by a desire to reflect their investment views and values better.
In response to this growing trend for greater transparency, MSCI has expanded its MSCI ESG Research coverage to include approximately 23,000 mutual funds and ETFs.
MSCI ESG Fund Metrics will measure the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) characteristics of portfolio holdings and rank or screen funds based on a diverse set of factors including sustainable impact, values alignment and ESG risks.
Each fund will receive an overall score, the ‘Fund ESG Quality Score’, a peer group percentile rank and individual E- S- and G- Scores. The ‘Fund ESG Quality Score’ reflects the ability of the underlying holdings to manage medium- to long-term risks and opportunities. Clients will also have access to over 100 Fund Metrics to evaluate the ESG attributes of their portfolio and fall into three categories: sustainable impact, values alignment and risks.
MSCI ESG Fund Metrics will be available directly from MSCI ESG Research and on third-party platforms through 2016.
For further information
- The full research paper "Fund Transparency: Exploring the ESG Quality of Fund Holdings" is available to clients only
- Download the ESG Fund Metrics excerpt research paper
- Download the ESG Fund Metrics executive summary methodology
- Read the 'MSCI ESG Research Scores Funds on Sustainability' press release
- Watch the MSCI ESG Fund Metrics webinar recording
- Contact us for more about your Fund Score esgclientservice@mscicom
2 Source: US Trusts’ Insights on Wealth and Worth, 2014