real estate indexes hero image
Real Estate Indexes
Real Estate Indexes
We offer a comprehensive suite of real estate tools for investors.
MSCI is a leading provider of real estate investment tools providing critical business intelligence to institutional investors, real estate owners, managers and brokers.
MSCI's comprehensive suite of real estate product is unique in the industry. We have the full public to private index lens leveraging MSCI´S leading indexes, the strength of Barra performance and risk analytics and the Real Estate market data engine.
MSCI Sector Real Estate Indexes reflect the performance of the global real estate opportunity set based on GICS® classifications.
MSCI Core Real Estate Indexes: include the MSCI US REIT Index which is a free float‑adjusted market capitalization weighted index that is comprised of Equity REIT securities and the MSCI World Real Estate Index that is a free float-adjusted market capitalization index that consists of large and mid-cap equity REITs across 23 developed markets.
MSCI Real Estate Factor Indexes apply our groundbreaking factor analysis to the MSCI Core Real Estate Indexes, reflecting performance characteristics for a range of investment styles and strategies in the listed real estate space (such as small size, volatility and high yield).
MSCI Liquid Real Estate Indexes combine attractive features of both direct real estate and listed real estate to achieve a risk/return profile similar to direct real estate indexes using liquid instruments.
MSCI Property Indexes report the market returns of the 25 most mature real estate markets, together with Global and Pan-Europe composite indexes, measured by MSCI and our partners, combined are worth an estimated $1.7 trillion as at end 2013.
MSCI Real Assets Index Module - the MSCI Real Estate Indexes are part of the MSCI Real Assets Index Module, a comprehensive suite of over 250 equity indexes reflecting a broad, diversified set of five real asset categories, including: commodities, agriculture, timber, infrastructure and real estate.
- Asset allocation: Flexibility to evaluate broad or focused real estate securities markets exposure.
- Performance measurement and attribution: Highly diverse set of benchmarks to accommodate a broad spectrum of investment mandates.
- Transparency: Disciplined standards-based index construction methodology provides holdings, reporting and valuation transparency in often opaque market segments.
- Research: A trusted source for real estate market insights and underlying security-level data for sell-side research.
- Investment product development: May be licensed for use as the basis for structured products and other index-linked investment vehicles, such as ETFs and ETNs.