- Health and welfare benefits, including an Employee Assistance Program.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies including a Global Minimum Standard applicable to all offices worldwide. These standards meet or in many cases exceed the statutory requirements in countries where we operate.
- Contributions to defined contribution and defined benefit pensions plans globally and Health Savings Accounts in the U.S.
- Life insurance.
- A global wellness initiative that can help employees improve their health and well-being.
- Presentations on well-being topics, including retirement planning, parenting, meditation, stress management and nutrition.
- Annual global Fun Day’s where employees receive a financial stipend and paid day from work to try something new with employees from different teams.
- Offices in the Americas are equipped with AED (Automated External Defibrillator) equipment and offer CPR training.
- Ergonomic equipment and desk assessments for employees.
- Wellness rooms in all MSCI office locations, some of which have been designated as lactation rooms.
- All MSCI offices are equipped with CCTV and access control.
In 2019, there were no workplace employee fatalities at any of our office locations.
We respect the standards embodied in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labor Organization conventions.
Employee Whistleblower Hotline
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, we offer a whistleblower hotline which is available through an independent online portal that is available to our employees 24/7. Most of the issues raised on the hotline are HR-related. Employees are reminded of the existence of the whistleblower hotline periodically throughout the year. Senior members of the Legal and Compliance Department are responsible for directing issues to the appropriate members of senior management.
Pay equity is central to MSCI’s values and a priority for our company. We regularly audit pay equity for employees globally to ensure that all employees are paid fairly, and we conduct a rigorous process to ensure gender pay equity globally as well as pay equity on the basis of race or ethnicity in the U.S. Our pay equity assessments review the compensation of employees in similar roles, accounting for factors that appropriately explain differences in pay such as experience, level and location. To the extent any unexplained pay gaps are found, those gaps are addressed.
We are proud to report that, as of our most recent assessment, MSCI has no meaningful differences in pay based on gender globally or based on race or ethnicity in the U.S., and any differences in pay are explained by appropriate factors. We commit to continue to publish information on pay equity for these groups. We believe this transparency is important to all our stakeholders and holds us accountable to our diversity, equity and inclusion commitment.
Compensation at MSCI supports a culture of high performance and accountability. Our goal is to provide competitive compensation in the markets we compete for talent. We believe in linking all employee’s compensation to Company, Product/Function and individual performance by making 100% of our employees eligible for annual cash bonuses. We strongly differentiate cash bonus payouts based on actual results against goals and for managers, how effectively they demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Firm’s values and our OneMSCI culture.
Officers of the Company are eligible to participate in the MSCI Long-Term Incentive Program with awards of MSCI stock that vest over a multi-year period. The goal of the Long-Term Incentive Program is to:
- Align the interests of eligible officers with those of our shareholders.
- Enhance our “owner-operator” philosophy.
- Recognize and reward potential long-term contributions.
- Retain key leaders and top performing officers.