- Market Cap Indexes
- Factor Indexes
- Strategy Indexes Ex. Factor
- Thematic Indexes
- Custom Indexes
- ESG Indexes
- Real Estate Indexes
- Fixed Income Indexes
MSCI ESG Universal Indexes hero image
MSCI ESG Universal Indexes Ad page
MSCI ESG Universal Indexes
The new MSCI ESG Universal Indexes are a modern way of indexing, and are designed to address the needs of asset owners (who also classify themselves as universal owners), who may look to enhance their exposure to ESG while maintaining a broad and diversified universe to invest in.
By re-weighting free-float market cap weights based upon certain ESG metrics tilting away from free-float market cap weights, the indexes enhance exposure to those companies that demonstrate both a higher MSCI ESG Rating and a positive ESG trend, while maintaining a broad and diversified investment universe.
The MSCI ESG Universal Indexes exclude only companies found to be in violation of international norms (for example, facing very severe controversies related to human rights, labour rights or the environment) and companies involved in controversial weapons (landmines, cluster munitions, depleted uranium, and biological and chemical weapons).
The MSCI ESG Universal Indexes is the latest in a suite of MSCI Indexes and tools designed to help institutional investors globally integrate ESG into their investment decision-making processes.
|MSCI ACWI ESG Universal Index||Performance | Factsheet|
|MSCI World ESG Universal Index||Performance | Factsheet|
|MSCI EM ESG Universal Index||Performance | Factsheet|
|MSCI Europe ESG Universal Index||Performance | Factsheet|
|MSCI USA ESG Universal Index||Performance | Factsheet|
|MSCI USA ESG Universal Top – Bottom 150/50 Return Spread Index||Performance | Methodology | Factsheet|
The indexes can be used to support:
- Asset allocation: Consistent, complete representation that captures the full spectrum of the global equity opportunity set without home bias.
- Performance measurement and attribution: An industry-leading benchmark suite for global mandates, with regional, country, sector and other subsets available for more targeted investment mandates.
- Research: A trusted source for global equity markets and underlying security-level data for sell-side research.
- Investment product development: May be licensed for use as the basis for structured products and other index-linked investment vehicles, such as ETFs and ETNs.
Interested in ESG?
Get the latest ESG trends and insights straight to your inbox.
Select topics and stay current with our award winning research, industry events and latest products.