The New Normal for Banks: A Conversation with BBVA
The banking sector has moved to a new normal: as the uncertainty of the 2008 financial crisis abates, innovation and compliance are the major focal points across the sector. MSCI ESG Research recently released its 2014 industry report on the banking sector, covering new findings surrounding employee productivity, ESG lending risks, regulatory scrutiny, shifting asset bubbles, and innovation in distribution models.
Watch the global webinar where Matt Moscardi, Senior Analyst and Head of Financial Sector Research at MSCI ESG Research, spoke with Toni Ballabriga, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility at BBVA, where they had discussed the findings of the MSCI ESG Research Banks Industry Report, how banks view these risks from the inside, and where new risks and opportunities may be emerging.
- What are the new potential costs of the off-balance sheet ESG risks facing global banks and who is more exposed?
- How are banks managing these risks, if at all?
- What are the key risks and opportunities identified in the industry report and what does this mean for 2014?
- Matt Moscardi, Senior Analyst and Financial Sector Team Lead, MSCI ESG Research
- Toni Ballabriga, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility, BBVA