- Identify key asset locations vulnerable to physical risks.
- Support investment due-diligence process and risk management.
- Support SFDR and other regulatory reporting requiring physical hazard exposure disclosure.
- Support investment-level project development and portfolio construction.
Intro - Regional Physical Hazard Metrics
Climate change does not impact every region in the same way. Understanding the damages and losses associated with different hazards in regions across the world — and the potential impact of regional hazards in future scenarios — is critical to taking climate action.
Investors, lenders and companies need more advanced tools, not only to better detect and assess these risks, but to keep pace with the demand for more regulatory disclosure related to climate change.
Regional Hazard - Regional Physical Hazard Metrics
MSCI regional hazard and exposure metrics
Our granular climate risk assessment data is designed to be an easily digestible tool to inform investors, lenders and companies of physical hazard levels with a micro-regional granularity, positioning them to better contain costs and fuel new growth.
Our datasets, from MSCI ESG Research, provide insight into asset-, administrative- and country-level exposure to different climate hazards across time horizons and climate scenarios, catering to clients working with publicly- and privately-held assets:
- Regional Company Exposure to Physical Hazards — publicly-listed companies
- Regional Physical Hazard Metrics — companies outside publicly-listed universe
Featured content - Regional Physical Hazard Metrics
Use cases table - Regional Physical Hazard Metrics
Use cases physical risks
- Identify risk-level assets that require regulatory reporting.
- Support TCFD, EBA Pillar 3 and other regulatory reporting requiring physical hazard exposure disclosure.
- Gain physical climate risk insights through full loan book coverage with native coverage of public companies and postal code physical risk metrics for non-public obligors.
- Support climate-related credit risk management.
- Identify assets at risk of physical climate hazards such as wildfires and flooding to better detect underwriting risk.
- Support TCFD, OSFI, ORSA, Solvency II and other investment-level regulatory reporting requiring physical hazard exposure disclosure.
- Better understand how physical assets are exposed to existing climate hazards.
- Strengthen planning and development of new site operations.
- Support TCFD, CSRD and other regulatory and voluntary reporting requiring physical hazard exposure disclosure.
- Understand the physical risk exposure of suppliers that are part of MSCI’s coverage universe.