COP26 Dissected: What it may mean for institutional investors
The COP26 climate conference was dubbed the ‘investment COP’ with a weight of expectation being placed on the global financial community and governments to mobilize finance flows at scale for climate mitigation and adaption, and set credible decarbonization targets. The announcements made headlines. The targets have been set. Now it’s time for action.
Watch MSCI, leading climate investment experts and COP veterans analyze the COP26 fine print, dissect the outcomes and explore how institutional investors can translate them into actionable insights and meaningful impact.
- GFANZ $130 trillion net-zero pledge: what next? Are investors prepared? What do they need to do now to get on track?
- COP Coal quitting pledge without US and China: Can investors achieve what governments have failed?
- End and reverse deforestation by 2030: how will the pledged funds be put to best use? How do you make a tree worth more alive than dead?
- The launch of a global sustainability standards board: what’s the mandate? How will it impact investors and how can they help?
- Looking ahead: with COP26 in the rearview mirror, what do investors need to do next to meet their pledges?
Dec 8, 2021
6:30 a.m. PST San Francisco
9:30 a.m. EST New York
2:30 p.m. GMT London
3:30 p.m. CET Paris
Scroll the table to the right to see more
Senior Advisor | Pollination GlobalRead Bio
Director of Climate Change | PRIRead Bio
Group Head of Sustainability | CardanoRead Bio
Adviser on Strategy and Policy | IFRS FoundationRead Bio
Meggin Thwing Eastman
Global ESG Editorial Director and ESG Research Director, EMEA | MSCIRead Bio
Global Head of Investment Content | Willis Towers WatsonRead Bio