Investment Implications of China's 'War on Pollution'
Increasing public discontent over pollution, and several official reports bringing to light extreme environmental degradation, resulted in the Premier of China announcing a 'war on pollution' in March.1 What are the implications for investors of China's pollution problems and its efforts to combat them?
Watch this recorded webinar where MSCI ESG Research's China analyst team discussed China's latest pollution reform laws, the companies and industries most likely to be affected, and what the greatest touch points are for institutional investors.
- What do the latest pollution reforms address?
- Which industries & companies are most exposed?
- How could the financial sector inherit the environmental liabilities of corporates?
- What opportunities may come out of major environmental projects, such as China's South-North water transfer project?
- Emily Chew, Senior Analyst, MSCI ESG Research
- Katherine Han, Analyst, MSCI ESG Research
- Xiaoshu Wang, Analyst, MSCI ESG Research
1 "China Declares War on Pollution" Financial Times. March 25, 2014. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5c9b4d18-a437-11e3-b915-00144feab7de.html#axzz35oIGg8QF