Investment Strategies for Reducing Fossil Fuel Exposure - Session 2 (EMEA)
In response to the 350.org call for divestment, investors globally are taking a closer look at the role of fossil fuels in their investment strategies. In our recent ESG issue brief, "Options for Reducing Fossil Fuel Exposure," we explore four major strategies that range from fully excluding carbon reserve holders to adding positive exposure to clean technology.
Following this publication, MSCI ESG Research hosted two webinars (North America and EMEA sessions) where industry experts provided insight into the following three approaches to reducing fossil fuel exposure: fossil fuel free, low carbon, and thematic.
- James Leaton, Research Director, Carbon Tracker
- Gunnela Hahn, Head of Responsible Investment, Church of Sweden
- Frederic Samama, Deputy Global Head of Institutional Clients, Amundi
- Hugo Rogers, Fund Manager, Global Emerging Markets Equities, F&C Investments
- Linda-Eling Lee, Global Head of ESG Research, MSCI ESG Research
- How much exposure does a portfolio have to potential 'stranded assets'?
- How do the various strategies, from divestment to low carbon to thematic, compare when it comes to carbon intensity and performance?
- What strategies are leading investment managers employing today?