MSCI ESG Indexes: A Primer for Corporates
Watch the recorded webinar of the introduction to our flagship MSCI Global Sustainability Indexes, as well as our other ESG indexes, including our Global SRI and Global Environmental index series, which consists of both the Global Environment Index and the Global Climate Index.
MSCI Global Sustainability Indexes include companies with high ESG ratings relative to their sector peers. This family of indexes includes the following:
- The MSCI ACWI ESG Index - consists of large and mid-cap companies across 23 Developed Markets (DM) and 21 Emerging Markets (EM) countries.
- The MSCI World ESG Index - consists of large and mid-cap DM companies.
- The MSCI EM ESG Index - consists of large and mid-cap EM companies.
- The MSCI USA IMI ESG Index - consists of large, mid, and small-cap US companies.
The webinar covered the following:
- A brief introduction to MSCI ESG Research, including our ESG rating and ESG controversy assessment products.
- An overview of MSCI ESG Indexes, including how they are constructed and maintained.
- A review of the role of MSCI ESG Research in determining eligibility, additions and removals for our various ESG Indexes.
- How companies can find out more information on both MSCI's ESG indexes and ESG ratings.
- Thomas Kuh, Head of ESG Indexes, MSCI Inc.
- Eric Fernald, Head of ESG Corporate Communications, MSCI ESG Research
- Samantha Sue Ping, Manager - ESG Corporate Communications, MSCI ESG Research
MSCI Inc., a leading provider of global benchmark indexes, has over 500 equity and fixed income environmental, social, and governance (ESG) indexes.
MSCI ESG Research is a leading provider of ESG ratings and analysis to the global investment community, covering more than 5,000 publicly traded companies worldwide. Over 120 asset owners with more than USD 2.3 trillion in assets subscribe to MSCI ESG Research products or services, and we have over 650 clients with more than USD 15 trillion in assets globally.