MSCI ESG Research: Thematic Reports Launch
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) macro trends are shaping our future and may become material issues for companies and investors alike.
ESG research and analysis across sectors remains fragmented and limited to a company or industry level. This makes it difficult to assess ESG risks and opportunities across the investment universe and / or across asset classes, and to answer thematic research questions such as: What are the key sectors most impacted by climate change, resource scarcity, human capital, demographic changes, financial market instability and corporate governance issues? Which companies are better at responding to these ESG issues or seizing opportunities, and which ones are lagging behind?
Based on our combination of global expertise and coverage, MSCI ESG Research is now able to provide its clients with thematic research and analysis across sectors. This allows us to draw ESG macro- and micro-thematic research conclusions and to explore ESG / financial returns, as well as the broader ESG footprint.
Listen to this webinar recording of the MSCI ESG Thematic Reports launch where the recent expansion of our ESG research to cover a series of issues across the MSCI World and MSCI ACWI universe were discussed.
During the session, a broad variety of topics were discussed such as:
- What's a 'Thematic Report', what kind of information will investors typically find in these reports and what is MSCI ESG Research upcoming schedule for thematic reports release?
- How is MSCI ESG Research meeting the challenge to analyze key ESG risks and opportunities across a broad investment universe?
- What are the key findings of our latest Thematic Reports?
Host: Linda-Eling Lee, Global Head of ESG Ratings Research, MSCI ESG Research
- Veronique Menou, Senior Analyst, MSCI ESG Research
- Drew Fryer, Senior Analyst, MSCI ESG Research
- Wolfgang Pinner, Head of Sustainable Investments, Erste Asset Management