Distribution technology banner
MSCI MULTI-ASSET INDEXES
MSCI Multi-asset indexes
Dynamic Planner Module:
Risk-targeted indexes for portfolio benchmarking
Dynamic Planner was launched in 2003 and today is one of the UK’s most-widely used risk profiling and asset allocation investment processes supporting thousands of financial advisers and planners. For over a decade Dynamic Planner’s asset and risk model has produced a set of model portfolios at an asset class level, optimized for one of ten risk levels from low-risk to high-risk. MSCI has developed a series of ten indexes designed to represent the risk and return characteristics of these strategies by targeting a pre-determined target risk range.
The result is a suite of indexes that can be used as benchmarks to compare the performance of portfolios that have investment objectives similar to those of the model strategies represented in the respective index.
Each index is comprised of replicable sub-component indexes targeting various exposures to equities, bonds and property to reflect the holdings of a diversified multi-asset class strategy
Dynamic Planner Module Contents
Index returns can be accessed via annual subscription to the MSCI Multi-Asset Indexes: Dynamic Planner Module. Subscribers will receive:
- Daily, index-level, Total Return (Net) returns for each of the 10 Dynamic Planner composite indexes dating back to September 2005
- Daily, index-level, Total Return (Net) returns for each of the 7 MSCI indexes used as sub-components in the composite indexes*
- The right to use index returns in all fund promotional and informational material such as fund factsheets and market reports
- Access to data via MSCI’s FTP site with the intention to make available via third-party market data providers**
*returns for the 5 sub-component ICE BAML fixed income indexes can be obtained directly from ICE **MSCI cannot guarantee availability by any 3rd party data vendor source as they alone determine the data they will distribute
Performance, Factsheets and Methodology
Asset allocation information
Dynamic Planner model portfolio asset allocation details
- UK Equities: MSCI United Kingdom Index
- North America Equities: MSCI North America Index (in GBP)
- Europe ex-UK Equities: MSCI Europe ex-UK Index (in GBP)
- Japan Equities: MSCI Japan Index (in GBP)
- Asia Pacific ex-Japan Equities: MSCI AC Asia Pacific ex-Japan Index (in GBP)
- Emerging Market Equites: MSCI Emerging Market Index (in GBP)
- ICE BofAML UK Gilts All Stock Index (GAL0)
- ICE BofAML UK Inflation-Linked Gilt Index (G0LI)
- ICE BofAML Sterling Corporate Index (UR00)
- ICE BofAML Global Broad Market Index (GBMI)
- ICE BofAML Global High Yield Index (HW00)
- Real Estate: MSCI UK IMI Liquid Real Estate Index
- Cash: Cash equivalent effective 1 November 2019: Bank of England Bank Rate – 0.75% with a floor of 0%
Dynamic planner footer
Introducing the MSCI MULTI-ASSET INDEXES DYNAMIC PLANNER MODULE -
To learn more about this index module please contact your existing MSCI client coverage representative or e-mail MSCI at: email@example.com
The ICE BofAML UK Gilts All Stocks Index, ICE BofAML UK Index Linked Gilt Index, ICE BofAML Sterling Corporate Bond Index, ICE BofAML Global Broad Market Index and ICE BofAML Global High Yield Index (the “ICE Data Index”) are used as components in the Dynamic Planner 2-8 Indexes. The ICE Data Index has been licensed for use by MSCI Inc. in connection with Dynamic Planner 2-8 Indexes (the “Blended Index”). Neither MSCI Inc., nor the Blended Index, as applicable, is sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by ICE Data Indices, LLC (“ICE Data”), its affiliates or its third party suppliers (“ICE Data and its Suppliers”). ICE Data and its Suppliers make no representations or warranties regarding the advisability of investing in securities generally, or the ability of the ICE Data Index to track general market performance. Past performance of an ICE Data Index is not an indicator of or a guarantee of future results. The ICE Data Index or any of its underlying data shall not be redistributed without ICE Data’s express prior written consent.
ICE DATA AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS AND/OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, INCLUDING THE ICE DATA INDICES, ICE DATA INDEX VALUES, ICE INDEX DATA, BLENDED INDICES AND ANY INFORMATION INCLUDED IN, RELATED TO, OR DERIVED THEREFROM (“INDEX DATA”). ICE DATA AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ANY DAMAGES OR LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE ADEQUACY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE ICE DATA INDICES, BLENDED INDICES AND THE ICE INDEX DATA, WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND YOUR USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Do you want to learn more about MSCI Multi-asset Indexes or about any other MSCI product we offer?
View all Exchange Traded Products, including ETFs, ETNs, Futures and Options, linked to MSCI indexes.
MSCI Multi-Asset Indexes: dynamic planner module
MSCI Multi-Asset Indexes: dynamic planner module
MSCI has launched a new data module within our growing range of multi-asset class (MAC) indexes.