Principles behind MSCI’s Index Pricing
- MSCI seeks to provide the global investment community with critical decision support tools and services.
- MSCI powers better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios.
- MSCI provides all clients pricing schedules reflecting the content/service(s) licensed.
- MSCI´s approach is to determine pricing on a fair and non-discriminatory basis, reflecting the applicable uses cases.
- MSCI pricing is mainly driven by the content and/or service provided;
- Pricing drivers may include but are not limited to the product’s security universe; data type/coverage; delivery frequency; distribution channel(s); as well as other factors, such as the costs associated with developing, maintaining and/or enhancing the product/service.
- MSCI’s pricing does not depend on the constituents of its indexes nor on the performance of its indexes.