Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
- MSCI ESG Focus Indexes
- MSCI ACWI Sustainable Impact Index
- MSCI Canada IMI Women’s Leadership Select Index
- MSCI China IMI Environment 10/40 Index
- MSCI KLD 400 Social Index
- MSCI USA ESG Select Index
- MSCI Japan Empowering Women Index
- MSCI Low Carbon Indexes
- MSCI Japan ESG Select Leaders Index
- MSCI Japan Empowering Women (WIN) Select Index
- Currency hedged
Market cap weighted
- MSCI all market indexes
- MSCI China A inclusion indexes
- MSCI China all shares indexes
- MSCI China A international indexes
- MSCI ASEAN indexes
- MSCI Emerging Markets ex China index
- MSCI US equity indexes
- MSCI indexes for Canadian investors
- MSCI Saudi Arabia indexes
- MSCI US REIT Custom Capped Index
- MSCI indexes for Australian investors
- MSCI USA IMI sector indexes
- MSCI investable market indexes
- MSCI emerging and frontier markets indexes
- MSCI Single Factor ESG Reduced Carbon Target Indexes
- MSCI Factor Mix A-Series Indexes
- MSCI diversified multiple-factor indexes
- MSCI dividend masters indexes
- Índice MSCI All Colombia Local Listed Risk Weighted
- MSCI high dividend yield
- MSCI factor indexes
- MSCI equal weighted indexes
- MSCI Select Value Momentum Blend Indexes
- MSCI quality and high dividend yield indexes
- MSCI top 50 dividend indexes
- MSCI minimum volatility indexes
- MSCI Growth Target Indexes
- MSCI risk weighted indexes
- Índices MSCI Mexico Select Momentum Capped & Mexico Select Risk Weighted
- Fixed Income Indexes
Additional index profiles
- MSCI indexes with IDCo fair value pricing
- MSCI indexes with ITG fair value model
- MSCI Japanese indexes
- MSCI global China infrastructure exposure index
- MSCI return spread indexes
MSCI JAPAN (WIN) SELECT INDEX BANNER
MSCI JAPAN EMPOWERING WOMEN (WIN) SELECT INDEX
MSCI Japan Empowering Women (WIN) Select Index
The MSCI Japan Empowering Women (WIN) Select Index, which is part of the MSCI environmental, social and governance (ESG) indexes, aim to represent the performance of companies that are leading within their GICS®1 sector in terms of promoting and maintaining gender diversity, while also meeting certain quality factor criteria.
Companies that promote and maintain higher levels of gender diversity among their workforce may be better positioned to withstand talent shortages and generate more sustainable performance with reduced risk. To support institutional investors seeking exposure to companies that are promoting and maintaining gender diversity among their workforce, MSCI has developed the MSCI Japan Empowering Women (WIN) Select Index2. The index also includes stocks of companies that have significantly increased their investment on capital goods or R&D while maintaining high level of sales growth and gender diversity.
- The MSCI Japan Empowering Women (WIN) Select Index looks at the top 700 Japanese companies by market capitalization
- The index is constructed using the MSCI Japan IMI Top 700 Index
- MSCI ESG Controversy Scores are used in the index construction process, with an aim to exclude companies implicated in serious labor rights or human rights controversies, or any companies involved in very severe controversies as defined by MSCI ESG Research
- MSCI ESG Research now offers Japan Workforce Gender Diversity Data, allowing MSCI ESG Manager subscribers to access ESG diversity data based on the data used in the calculation of this index. Japan Workforce Gender Diversity Data Factsheet
The Japanese government has set out explicit goals to increase women’s participation and promotion in the business world. Our research suggests that companies that encourage women’s workforce participation may be better positioned to withstand the challenges of a shrinking workforce.
For a list of the ten largest constituents, sector breakdown and more, view the latest index factsheet below
1 The Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS) developed by MSCI Inc. and S&P Global.
2 Methodology Page.
The index can be used to support:
- Performance measurement and attribution: An industry-leading benchmark for global mandates, with regional, country, sector and other subsets available for more targeted investment mandates.
- Research: A trusted source for global equity markets and underlying security-level data for sell-side research.
- Investment product development: May be licensed for use as the basis for structured products and other index-linked investment vehicles, such as ETFs and ETNs..